"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Vincent Price Spinning in His Grave Over I Am Legend?

In a very insightful article published a couple days ago at the Fort Worth Business Press, author Michael H. Price--distant cousin of the legendary Vincent Price--speculates as to how his famous relative might have felt about the upcoming re-telling of I Am Legend, due in theaters a week from tomorrow. And the speculation is not positive.
Price, of course, appeared in 1964's The Last Man on Earth, the original film version of Richard Matheson's novel. Interestingly, the writer partly bases his speculation on the fact that Price spoke out against the 1986 remake of another of his films, The Fly, feeling that they had "done it right the first time." Apparently, Price did not rail against the first I Am Legend remake, 1971's The Omega Man, because his buddy Charlton Heston was the star.
So would Vinny P. have condemned the new Will Smith vehicle? Well, if we're to put any stock in the pre-release buzz, come December 14, pretty much everyone will.

3 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

I'm spinning in my grave over this needless remake and I'm not even dead. Yet.

Jo said...

I don't really see a need for a remake or new adaptation or whatever people are calling it. But then again, some remakes are good? The previews haven't impressed me all that much, and personally I can't stand Will Smith. So I guess that means I just may not be too into this little number? Oh I just don't know, haha.
But I'll be there opening weekend all the same with hopes for the best.

Garg Unzola said...

I wish Will Smith would end up being a guest in the House on Haunted Hill. Catch my drift?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...