"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Let the Right One In" Director Talks Swedish Vampires, Child Actors and the American Remake

Since starting up The Vault of Horror, I've discovered that most of the best horror films today are being made outside the United States. And one of the foreign fright flicks I've championed is Sweden's Let the Right One In, a tale of a shy young boy who befriends the little vampire girl next door. Today, ShockTillYouDrop has an exclusive interview with the movie's director Tomas Alfredson, and I suggest you check it out.

Happily, Let the Right One In is getting a limited American release starting next weekend, well before the inevitable English-language remake next year. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be anywhere near me, so I may have to seek out... other means. I haven't been this pumped to see a new horror movie since [Rec].

5 comments:

Wes Fierce said...

"Let" is definitely on my must-see list. Right next to Trick 'r Treat, probably :D

Anonymous said...

If you want to add more to that "must see list" I would recommend heading over to www.sixshooterfilmseries.com and checking out the other movie, along with Let The Right One In, that are part of this series.

B-Sol said...

Thanks, Hank, I'll do that.

Anonymous said...

I was really looking forward to seeing it, but it won't be playing around me. I think the closest it will be is about 2 or 3 hours away.

B-Sol said...

Jenn, I think we're just gonna have to hold out till Netflix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...