"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Sunday, April 11, 2010

VAULTCAST: My Dad, the Monster Kid

For any of you wondering exactly where my horror obsession comes from, wonder no more. On Easter Sunday, I had the opportunity to sit down with my very own dad (for blog nickname purposes, we'll call him "The Bob") for a heartfelt discussion on the genre we both love.

See, my dad is a Monster Kid--a fact that I proudly informed him of for the very first time during this very interview. Growing up during the birth of modern genre fandom, he got to see a lot of stuff I can only dream of. He bought EC Comics off the newsstand. He watched Zacherly's Chiller Theatre. He saw Night of the Living Dead in a movie theater when it first came out (on a date with my mom, no less).

So naturally, I've wanted to pick his brain on this stuff for a long time. After all, I followed in his footsteps, as he set me along on the path to fascination with all things scary. I hope you enjoy this little interview with Dad, my Obi-Wan Kenobi of horror...




You can also listen in at the official Vaultcast page, or download it right here.

6 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Excellent! I just spent this early part of my Sunday morning sipping coffee, reading the paper and listening to you and your dad talk horror. Seriously, you and your dad should do an ongoing series of horror film discussions.

B-Sol said...

Thanks for listening this morning, Pax! I really am considering doing these things with my dad more often.

Matt-suzaka said...

Awesome, simply awesome and I was totally thinking it would be great to hear you do another one of these every so often, so I'm happy that you are considering doing more. Great stuff and I love that you asked about the impact of VCR’s and things like that. Your pops reminds me a lot of my fiancĂ©'s dad, who is a major film buff and so much fun to talk to. It's always so interesting to hear people talk about cinema of the past and their experiences. It's like taking a look out of a window into the history of film in a way.

BJ Colangelo said...

Your dad is adorable, and your voice totally takes after him.

B-Sol said...

I just informed him how everyone is loving the interview and wants us to do more. The Bob is very pleased.

Thrill Fiction said...

Yeah dude I liked it too. But how about getting Tommy to interview you and your dad - sort of like your dad doing playbplay and you doing colour.

It could work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...